As all of you know engineering is one of the most popular career options among science students. Here is the list of top five engineering entrance exams that candidates must apply for to do engineering or BTech after 12th.
1. JEE Main and JEE Advance: Around 10 to 11 lakh candidates appear for Joint Entrance Examination – JEE Main, which is one of the biggest national level engineering entrance exam.
Amidst this high competition, only 2.5 lakh candidates qualify for the IIT-JEE Advanced paper and rest fight to gain entry in IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs, via JoSAA counselling. Some get their dream college and stream, while others start preparing for next the JEE Main. Read more and Apply
2. VITEE: Vellore Institute of Technology conducts VITEEE to fill BTech and BDes seats in the institute. This year, the exam is due to be held from April 13 to 19, 2020.
VIT has only invited those candidates to apply for the exam, who have qualified 10+2 from state or national board and secured more than 60 per cent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The registration for VIT is open both online and offline. To apply online, candidates need to visit vit.ac.in, whereas, the offline application forms can be obtained from designated post offices. For more info visit the official website VITEE 2020
3. BITSAT: is a national level exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITSAT 2020 will tentatively be held from May 16 to 30, 2020 across India and abroad in online mode.
BITSAT 2020 Registration is expected to begin from first week of January, 2020. Candidates must have passed class 12 with 60% in each subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects. For more info visit bitsat.in/
4. MIT: Manipal University offers admission in B.Tech course via Manipal Entrance Test (MET), also referred to as MU OET. The exam is conducted in online mode, in the month of April and May.
All the candidates who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics, English, and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / any technical vocational subjects can apply for the exam. Students must also have a minimum average of 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and one of the optional subjects taken together.
The registration for MET 2020 is open right now. For more info and to apply vsit official website manipal.edu.
5. SRMJEEE UG: SRM University holds SRM Joint Entrance Examination Engineering at a national level to grant admission in BTech courses. Through the exam, admission is granted in SRM campuses at Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Ghaziabad, Amaravati, and Haryana.
The entrance test will be held from April 12 to 20, 2020 and the application form to apply for the same is available until March 30, 2020, at srmist.edu.in. The offline application form is also available at SRM campuses and the same can be submitted until February 29, 2020. Read more and apply..