JEE Main 2020 is less than a month away, here are some effective tips to fare well in the exam.
Here is the 4 – step preparation strategy to crack JEE Main 2020 with high scores.
Step 1: Categorise topics as per your command level
• Physics – Prepare key points of all chapters, categorizing them in three groups as per your command level in the topics. Practice questions from previous years’ papers
• Chemistry – Pay special emphasis on chapters including atomic structure, solid-state, ionic equilibrium, electrochemistry and thermochemistry. Keep jotting down simple formulas that you encounter while solving questions. These would come handy while revising in the final week.
• Mathematics (Calculus) – Start with the basics of differentiation then work your way towards limits and associated concepts. Also, include revision of functions and concepts of application of derivatives. Work hard on properties of definite integration and revise concepts of differential equations.
Step 2: Analyse weak areas and work on them
• Physics – Go through books/notes for areas with a poor command to understand key concepts and then attempt questions from previous years’ papers to evaluate your final preparation.
• Chemistry (Organic Chemistry)– Focus on various name reactions that you have studied across class XI and XII and their mechanisms. Practice questions related to ozonolysis, aidol and cannizzaro reactions, which are frequently asked in JEE Main exams.
• Mathematics (Coordinate Geometry)– Start your week with revision of formulas and keep a keen eye on similarities between them. Also, work on geometrical properties of conics keeping in mind their applications.
Step 3- Revise topics that you are good at
• Physics – Practice topics where you have a good command as much as possible. Also, pay special attention to topics that are there in the syllabus for JEE Main but not in JEE Advanced such as semiconductor devices, electromagnetic waves, communication system, etc. Questions based on these topics are often straight forward and simple.
• Inorganic Chemistry- Focus on chapters including chemical bonding, p-block elements, coordination chemistry and qualitative analysis. Try to remember things so that you can retain it until the day of the exam.
• Mathematics (Algebra) – Start with quadratic equations and work your way towards complex numbers (especially the geometrical properties). Focus on the properties of matrices and determinants and also vector and 3D geometry. Keep a more problem-based approach towards permutation and combination, probability, progressions, and also revise formulas wherever possible.
Step 4- Attempt mock tests and analyze your preparation
• Physics- Practice one test every day followed by in-depth analysis on the basis of mistakes you committed and the overall speed of solving questions. Ensure that you attempt the test by assigning the same duration of time as that of JEE Main 2020.
• Chemistry- Now that your entire revision is complete, spend time revising the notes you made daily for the past three weeks and take mock tests daily along with doing their detailed analysis.
• Mathematics– Trigonometry and general revision. Start with revision of trigonometric identities and inverse trigonometry. Work your way towards the solution of triangles and keep a firm grasp over formulas.
As JEE Main 2020 will be conducted in two phases (one in January and the second in April), students now have the option to appear in one or both of them. The final result will be considered on the basis of the best performance in the two phases. Therefore, to enhance the chances of securing a seat in one of the most coveted institutes, it is recommended that students put their best efforts in the first phase of the exam.
Read full story at: Education Times