The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Bombay invites applications from meritorious candidates for M.S. by Research in the CSE program at the institute.
M.S by Research in CSE is a new program (introduced in 2020) designed for students who wish to explore a career in R&D and can serve as a first step either towards a Ph.D. or towards a high-end R&D oriented career in industry.
The M.S by Research program is designed to be substantially different from the M.Tech. program in its admission process, its emphasis on research over courses, and its relative flexibility of program duration. A student must carry out research and submit a thesis as a graduation requirement.
- Eligibility requirements identical to M.Tech.
- Designed for students interested in R&D
- Coursework and thesis focused on research
- Binding to specialization area at admission time
- Flexible program duration (1.5 yrs to 3 yrs)
- Up to three years full scholarship
- New program, starting in 2020!
- Common application form with M.Tech.
The maximum duration for fulfilling requirements of this program is 3 years, but the program is designed to incentivize high-quality R&D by allowing students whose R&D work is exceptional to graduate early, in as little as 1.5 years.
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Computer Networks
- Operating systems
- Distributed Systems
- Systems modeling, analysis, and design
- Database and Information Systems
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Natural Language Processing
- Visual Computing
- Formal Methods
- Programming languages and Compilers Real-Time,
- Cyber-Physical Systems.
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in any engineering discipline. OR
- M.Sc. or equivalent in any science discipline. OR
- MCA (with Physics & Mathematics at B.Sc. level) or equivalent.
- A valid GATE score (CS) is required for all applicants except commissioned officers of the armed forces and those having B.Tech. Degree in CS/CSE from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale) and above
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is April 9, 2020. The Department-level test + interview will be conducted on May 21 and May 22, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-22-2576 7901/02.