India is home to some world class medical colleges. These colleges offer various courses in medical science, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Students may go for various degrees like MBBS, MS, BDS, MD, MDS etc. Majority of the medical colleges were established in the 50s & 60s by the state and the central government. But since 1980s many private colleges emerged all across India.
The quality and the standard of the medical institutes are looked after by Medical Council of India. The body has presently recognized 273 Indian medical schools which has the total capacity to educate 31298 students.
Students who have passed the 10+2 examination or any other equivalent examination with science background are entitled to apply for the admission into medical colleges in India. Candidates are selected on the basis of entrance tests, at state or national level. Candidates with relevant bachelor’s degree can also go for medical postgraduate programs.
It is vital for every student to choose the best college that would strengthen and give an edge to the career.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) India Rankings 2018 for eight categories were released by then Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Prakash Javadekar, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi has topped the list with 90.71 per cent. In the top 10, two institutes are from Delhi and two from Uttar Pradesh, however medical colleges from Karnataka and Tamil Nadu dominates the list.
Top 25 best medical colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) – New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research -Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College – Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College – Manipal
- King George’s Medical University – Lucknow
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research – Puducherry
- Banaras Hindu University – Varanasi
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences – New Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim University – Aligarh
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute – Chennai
- Jamia Hamdard – New Delhi
- S. Ramaiah Medical College – Karnataka
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital – Delhi
- Dayanand Medical College – Punjab
- University College of Medical Sciences – New Delhi
- Kasturba Medical College – Karnataka
- Panjab University – Chandigarh
- D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth – Maharashtra
- Siksha `O` Anusandhan – Odisha
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology – Odisha
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research – Tamil Nadu
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology – Tamil Nadu
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute – Pondicherry
- Annamalai University – Tamil Nadu
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College – Karnataka
NEET is one of the most competitive examinations in India for those students who aspire to become doctors. Previously CBSE was under the charge of conducting medical entrance examination in India. From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is going to conduct NEET examination for medical entrance purpose. Usually, the students have an aim in taking admissions in Government medical colleges due to its excellence in academic culture. The status of government medical colleges is completely dependent on the quality of research work produced for the knowledge system. MBBS is a four-and-a-half year’s course structure with 1 year of Compulsory Rotating Residential Internship (CRRI).
Top NEET Colleges in Indian 2019: India has several colleges that offer world class medical and dental courses in various fields, in both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Admission to these colleges is done through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Students are encouraged to decide on the rank they would like to get in their exams well in advance so they can start their preparations accordingly and get into their dream college.
[Source: Online survey ]